Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snow

We had our first stick-to-the-ground snow yesterday morning.  Relia burst into my room at 7a to tell me excitedly that it had snowed.  She made me go to the window so that I could see it for myself.  She was, not surprisingly, much more excited about it than I was.
When I got DF out of his crib, I took him over to the window so that he could see it too.  He looked at the back yard and the neighbors house and simply told me that something happened to the leaves.  I wasn't sure just how much he was aware of snow.  He was too young to remember the very hard winter of 2010-11 and last year was very mild.  But when we got downstairs he looked out a window and started yelling about snow.  He remembers.
We had slick roads to deal with.  Relia's bus was more than ten minutes late.  I actually had to leave her there with another student because DF had hurt his hands playing in the snow.  Bad daddy didn't have proper mittens for him.  (I've since fixed that.)
Today was milder.  I didn't see a temp but I'd guess it was in the twenties this morning.  The snow has mostly melted off the sidewalks and steps.  Good riddance.  I'm already waiting for spring.

No comments: