Saturday, April 23, 2005

NFL Draft

This is another big day on the sports calendar as each team tries to improve themselves. I'm not really a scouting analyst and have no thoughts on which players will actually become good and which ones will be busts. But the whole macro orginiztional aspect of the draft has always facsinated me.
So what do I hope for from the Vikes today? I'm hopeful that they pick the best available player (unless he's a quarterback). They've improved in the defense over the offseason, but they could still use help. They could use help at receiver and O-line. The Vikes have had good sucsess with players falling to them and I hope they can do so again today.
Also, to echo almost every other team, I'd love for them to trade down and get more picks for less money per. This draft doesn't seem to have as many stand out players and the belief is that the talent drop off isn't that steep from the top.
In any case, I'll be crossing my fingers and hope for the best!

No comments: