Monday, September 25, 2006

Wedding

Carrie's wedding was very nice. When she posts pictures, I'll link to them. It was held at a resort just north of Two Harbors. I think they wanted to have the ceremony next to the wake but windy conditions and resulting high surf forced it indoors. Which was fine.
The ceremony was heavily Beatles themed, with live music playing various tunes. (The FP Gal noted that Carrie must be a Paul fan. I responded 'Who can blame her?' before remembering that the FP Gal is a George fan herself.) They had a 'unity moment' which involved mixing white and red wine that I thought was very nice.
A big highlight for me was being able to see some friends from highschool. Some of them for the first time in 10+ years. Among them was former neighbor Heather Guentzel (she's doing fine, Mom). Also got to see Carrie's folks for the first time in a long time. Her mom greeted me with 'Last time I saw you, you were a turtle!'. I get that all the time.
Other notable things:
  • They had pie for dessert. I choose the blueberry. Very yummy!
  • A pretty good presentation of pictures of the bride and groom set to music. Wish we'd of done that. (Carrie, what was the song played with Steve's pictures? I really liked it!)
  • Out by the lake we could see the stars. Very beautiful. I think the milky way was right overhead. Didn't see any shooting stars though and I'm usually lucky in that regard.
A very nice night.

1 comment:

carrster said...

oh - thank you SO MUCH for coming to the wedding. I had such an amazing weekend. (I tried to get my Mom to find a picture of you and me with you AS THE turtle, but alas....). I'll check out the song for you - Steve found it on iTunes.

I LOVE PIE. So, yeah, obvious choice for us. ha. We went back to the Rustic Inn last night and had more pie. hee hee.

Thanks again for coming. I'm exhausted...I'm going to just veg and then hopefully deal with the house full of giftbags and suitcases!