Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014 Olympic Events

A couple of years ago the FP Gal asked me to categorize what sports actually take place during the Olympics.  That led me to writing this piece here, which goes through the various events during the Summer Olympics.  I thought I'd do the same thing for the winter Olympics.
Hmmm, looks like Wikipedia has done the job for me. 
98 events over 15 disciplines in 7 sports were included in the 2014 Winter Olympics. The three skating sports disciplines are figure skating, speed skating, and short track speed skating. The six skiing sport disciplines are alpine, cross-country skiing, freestyle, Nordic combined, ski jumping and snowboarding. The two bobsleigh sports disciplines are bobsleigh and skeleton. The other four sports are biathlon, curling, ice hockey, and luge. A total of twelve new events will be contested to make it the largest Winter Olympics to date.


No comments: