Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Night Lights

Here are ten strange night lights. The FP Gal has one of the series from number 10. My favorite is number three. The fifth one is the scariest by a wide margin.

Speaking of night lights, we got one of these this weekend (though the price was better). We've put it on a timer and told Relia that she has to stay in her room until the light turns off at 530a. The first couple of nights have not been exactly smooth but we think we can see some progress.
This morning she spent a very rough time from 5a until it finally clicked off. Lots of yelling, crying and a costume change (seriously). Then the time expired and she wall smiles. It was something of an achievement.
On a side note, she's developed a funny habit when the yelling doesn't work. She starts by calling out 'mommy' or 'daddy'. If that doesn't work, she goes to our first and last names. That even got a chuckle out of the FP Gal this morning.
These 'can't sleep' posts are probably tiring for the rest of you. Sorry! It really kind of feels like we may have figured a way forward. Man, I hope so.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! 5:30! Are you serious? Anything before 7 is early for us! What time does she go to bed? 6?

What was the costume change?

Sarita said...

I also have a Virgin Mary version of #6!

The costume change was from PJ tops & bottoms to a pair of tights. I was pretty impressed that she got them on all by herself. I have trouble getting tights on myself

Peder said...

She's been hitting 5a pretty consistently. That doesn't count the midnight nightmares or the 2a wake up fits. And no, this nonsense can't end soon enough.

carrster said...

Sleep issues are soooooo tough. they make you go insane!! I've been pleased as punch with Dahlia's recent 6:30am wake ups - I'll take that over 5:30 any day!

Kate said...

I'm sorry, but the whole thing is making me chuckle at my desk. The INDIGNATY of having to stay in her room. Haha!

Test said...

I'm counting the days until the spring forward clock change. Then I might be able to be up at a decent hour, but we'll see, eh?

Nightmares, new teeth, falling out of bed (no longer happening - thank god), kicking off blankets (and suddenly not being capable of getting them on herself). Oh the trials of being 2.5.

Peder said...

The weird thing is that nightmares are actually the easiest to deal with. Convince her to wake enough where you can settle her. Then she goes right back to sleep.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Go the Homer Simpson route and build her a big distorted clown bed. That'll help.

Meigan said...

Blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch - I LOVE IT! I gotta get me one of those. One of my top favorite songs ever.