Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving

 I don't know if I've done a "things I'm thankful for" in a long time - or ever. Today seems like a good day to change that. I'm thankful for:

  • My family, of course. I'm thankful for my children who are (often) wonderful. And my lovely wife. This past year has been a taxing one, with all of us stuck at home together. But I've come to appreciate them more than I think I would have if this was a typical year. (I'm also thankful for headphones, both theirs and mine.)
  • The family I don't live with. I'm thankful for my brother and sister, who are both wonderful people. I'm thankful for my mom, who is also wonderful. I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like to and this year drove that home. The same is true of my aunts and uncles and cousins and so on.
  • My friends, who I'm still attached to thanks to social media. Places like Facebook have their downsides but being able to quickly talk to so many people I hadn't seen in years is great. And I get to do this every day if I want.
  • My health. In this year, with rampant disease, we healthy people should all be thankful for what we have. And I am! (Thankful that my family has been healthy as well!)
  • Our modern world. There are so many modern things that have made staying at home easier than it would have been. Thirty years ago we wouldn't have been connected with each other or to easy entertainment. Food delivery was a thing but nearly as robustly as it is now. Same with other deliveries. 
It's been hard but not unbearable and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: