Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI's 100 top movie quotes

Watched the special on TV last night in which AFI released their top 100 movie quotes of all time. Well, watched parts of it. A trip to target wiped out the middle. Here's the list. I'm tempted to go through it and critique but time and not having seen all of the films will stop that. But a few things: Often thought they got the second best line from a movie.
78) "Open the pod bay doors, HAL" from 2001. Isn't "Hello Dave" more memorable? and 88) "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!" from On Golden Pond. More memorable line: "Norman, you old poop." (If you just said it in your mind, your head wobbled didn't it?)
And some very good quotes were missing. How about "As you wish." Or "Luke, I'm your father." Still an interesting list.

1 comment:

carrster said...

oh "As you Wish" - that is fantastic! I haven't done my critique yet either but I'm sure I could add some different choices....of course. :-)