Saturday, September 24, 2005

Mea culpa

In this spirit, I'd like to apologize for a couple of things.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the abysmal play of Duante Culpepper. His last two starts have accounted for 37 turnovers (an NFL record) and it's all my fault. When I drafted him for my fantasy football team (first round no less) I didn't realize that I'd be killing any chance of the Vikings winning their first two games. He'll be benched for this coming week in favor of Matt Hasselbeck. Seahawk fans are warned. I also drafted Michael Bennett, therefore endangering the lives of all Minnesota lineman. I've since released him to alleviate this problem.
Secondly, I'd like to apologize for the storm that hit the north metro area this week. The FP Gal and I have taken to watching the summer reruns of 'Lost' on Wednesday night. We've grown to enjoy it and look forward to each episode. In a classic example of a hostile universe, Wednesday nights have produced repeated storms throughout the state. Local weathermen have taken their duty seriously to breathlessly warn of any thunderstorm in the six state area. Thunderstorm warnings are then shown in an unimportant 2/3 of the TV screen, making normal broadcasts difficult to watch. With the season premiere, this past Wednesday, events were taken to an extreme. The loss or power and property damage are regrettable.

No comments: