Thursday, December 01, 2005

Kidney

Haven't been sure how to write this post, but it's the biggest story in my life right now and I want to share it. We think we've figured out the sudden weight loss from our oldest cat, Roxane. She dropped about two pounds in the last few weeks. Yesterday she went to the vet. A physical and some bloodwork later, we think she has a kidney infection. The weight loss is due to dehydration.
This takes an enormous weight off of my mind. My brother and I got Roxane back in the heady days of '95. She was about six weeks old. Her extra toes made her paws look huge. She looked like she was ready to play firstbase. She stole my heart immediately. She's since had that effect on just about everyone else that's lived with her.
The good news is that we think she can be fixed. (Well, she was fixed years ago but you know what I mean...) I can only hope that she keeps up her kittenish, adorable ways for another ten years.

1 comment:

carrster said...

ah - it's good to figure such things out! Hope everything is well with her and she's feeling better soon. :-)