Thursday, September 01, 2011

Learning

(I may need to delete this entry when the kids get older.)

Sometimes when DF has teeth coming in he also gets some diaper rash. (Apparently this is common but I don't understand the connection.) Anyway he has some molars coming in and his bottom looks dreadful. [A number of metaphors came to mind here but I'll err on the side of good taste and just leave it at that. -ed]
Anyway, the FP Gal took the kids out to the backyard this afternoon and decided to let DF go bare so he could air dry a bit. His shirt today is a bit long so he was pretty decent. And it's a private back yard and he's 16 months old. So no problem.
At one point he and Relia both sat in our new wagon, the chairs face each other. I was watching from across the yard and she started bending down and touching him. I called her over and quietly asked what she was doing. She told me "I'm playing with his vagina."
I told her that this was a private area and she should simply leave it alone. All the while trying to keep a straight face . . .

1 comment:

carrster said...

Oh dear....

When Dahlia sees photos of herself in the bath as a baby, she asks "Was I playing with my penis?" *sigh* No, honey, no.