Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Today

Today was nice. Very much so. There was a moment this afternoon when . . . well, let me paint the picture.
I picked the kids up from daycare/preschool and Relia asked if we could go to a park. I wasn't prepared for that so I told her that we couldn't. I offered the back yard instead and after I told her that yes, she could have both a popsicle and an apple, she agreed that it would work.
So we got home and made our way to the back yard. Relia got her full apple and for DF I cut it in pieces. He needs something in each hand or he isn't happy. This applies to pizza, mac and cheese and his morning waffles. When I was cutting the second slice it slipped out of my hand. I reached down and brushed off the grass before giving it to him. Later he dropped it again. He picked it up and then threw the other piece down so he could brush the first one off.
We all played some catch and for a bit I actually got to read while they did some stuff with each other. The temperature was good, there were some puffy clouds in the sky and the breeze was small. It was perfect.
Eventually DF got to the 'need a nap' point so we all went in. You know, I complained about the weather quite a bit this year. The winter was eternal, July was outrageously hot. I should note that ever since the calendar turned to August it has been almost tourist bureau perfect. I can only hope that we get about two more months of the mild stuff before winter starts.
Tonight Relia said that the snow won't start for another two days. I wanted to tell her that she dare not put that out in the universe. But she was tired and wouldn't understand. And the FP Gal was telling me (repeatedly) not to rile her up.
Snow, if you're listening, please hold off until my birthday at least. Ok? I'll promise not to hit you with too much salt. Do we have a deal?

No comments: