Friday, March 25, 2005

Surprise Vacation

A week from tomorrow the FP Gal and I take off for...somewhere. You see, my office takes Halloween very seriously. The week leading up to the big day is filled with activities and decorating. Last year we had a pumpkin themed bingo game, an office wide scavenger hunt and prizes for decorations and best costume.
Picture a couple talking late one night in September. Imagine that they're discussing Halloween costumes and brainstorming.

Me: I could be...the Morton Salt Girl, maybe?
FP Gal: I can make that happen.

A trip to a couple of thrift stores and a hardware store for yellow spray paint and we had our custome. Secrecy was kept. The day came and I dressed up. The ladies in the apartment office assured me that my wig was on straight. Careful driving kept me from being pulled over on the way to work. And voila! Voted funniest costume.
The prize was a pair of airline tickets. After some thought, I decided that something special was called for. So I asked the FP Gal if I could take her on a surprise vacation. She'd know when we were going but not where. We leave next week and she still doesn't know. Can't wait!

4 comments:

carrster said...

Eeeeeeee! I can't wait to hear how she likes the trip! I of course can't wait to hear about it as well. How fun and exciting. I expect lots of pictures and details!

Peder said...

I will promise lots of pictures and I'm sure she'll love it.

Sarita said...

I'm starting to get nervous. Where the heck are we going?

Peder said...

I've already told her that I couldn't swing Low Earth Orbit. She wasn't really heartbroken. I think it's great that you thought of that too!