Tuesday, October 04, 2005

MLB Playoffs

Just wanted to get a few words in before the game starts. I won't be surprised by any outcome of the upcoming all Sox games. I can see the White Sox superior pitching and defense will winning out, probably in four games. But my years of being a cursed sports fan (22 with the Vikings, 19 with the White Sox) have me prepared for being swept.
The last time we were in the playoffs was in 2000. The White Sox finished with the top record in the AL and promptly lost three straight to Seattle. Their starting pitching had a horrible rash of injuries. It wasn't pretty. This time around the starting pitching is very good. The only injury concerns are with the closer, Hermanson. The offense is average and that's a concern.
Who wins? I don't know.

Play ball!

UPDATE: Ok, I didn't expect the Sox to put a five-spot in the first. But I'll take it.

No comments: