Saturday, October 08, 2005

White Sox win ALDS

Couldn't get time off of work to watch the game yesterday, so I followed it online. Very frustrating as I was watching two different sites and hitting 'refresh' constantly. But also very exciting. The White Sox went into Fenway and beat the best offensive team in the AL 5-3. For the series they outscored them 24-9. This gave their first playoff series victory since they won the World Series in 1917. Yep, 1917. A mere 56 years before I was born.
Not used to playoff victories and ultimatly believe they'll kill me somehow. But for the time being, I love this. I'll take it.
After last night's game, the Angels are up against the Yankees 2 games to 1. Not sure who I'd prefer to play against. Guess I'm cheering that series goes five games. If I had to pick, I'd rather play the Yankees. We've seen what the White Sox do against poor pitching. I'd rather see some more of it.

No comments: