Saturday, May 13, 2006

Back from the game

in which the Twins beat the White Sox 8-4. Had a good time anyway. The White Sox record in games I attend at the Metrodome is something like 2-18 so I'm kind of used to this by now. And yes, I should just stay away.
The Twins mascot is a cutsie bear named T.C. I'm not a fan of baseball team mascots for the simple reason that they feel forced and silly. T.C. is no exception to this. But...the Twins have added someone else that I might actually enjoy. They've added a fish. Seriously. They've got a guy in a fish costume helping out with the mascot duties. It's important when you're envisioning this to see the fish walking around looking straight up while the human feet are at the fish tail.
Two years ago the FP Gal and I went to a game at the dome. Before the game the Twins had a contest where two people in a boat tried to cast lines at several of these same fish. When the fish were hit, they would fall down and flop around. One of the most surreal things I've ever seen at a baseball game. I'm amazed (and pleased) that one of them survived and is still running around.
I hope this isn't just for the fishing opener. The Twins could use some sheer goofiness to counter the sacharine sweetness of T.C. Fish forever!

1 comment:

carrster said...

I was supposed to go to that game! My folks, sis & bro-in-law were there.