Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Planting a tree

We finally got clearance to plant out tree. Well, 'finally' is kind of strong. It was just picked up on Saturday. What I meant is that the we were cleared of any powerlines and whatnot so we could dig a spot to plant the tree. Actually, I don't know about the whatnot but the powerlines weren't any danger.
So we planted it. And we buried Roxane (she's been in our little kitty morgue). I wrote a little something about her and sealed it with a picture near her. It feels like the closing of a chapter and that's a good thing.
We still miss her of course. Keep expecting her to meet me at the door when I come home. But now I can think of her with this tree. Hope she enjoys that the birds and squirrels are finally close enough to reach. Hope that somewhere she's happy.

3 comments:

DD4 said...

Hi Peder,


The tree looks lovely, and makes a good resting place for Roxane. My heart aches with yours when I think of her not being with us anymore. Maybe she is playing with Sebastian up in "pet heaven." May they play in peace.

~ Mom

carrster said...

A tree is the perfect memorial....I'm glad that you & she is finding peace. I hope the tree grows great & serves as a wonderful reminder of your precious kitty.

carrster said...

terrible grammar - sorry...(I'm embarrassed!)