Monday, November 13, 2006

Self Portrait


The FP Gal scanned some stuff for me this weekend. This is an x-ray from after the accident. You can see plates, all seven of them. You can also see the bands on my teeth. Not quite the full teeth wired shut deal, but close enough.
Answers to two commonly asked questions, the plates are permanent. They'll be their the rest of my life. And secondly, they don't set off metal detectors. Oh, a third question, they aren't magnetic.
BTW, that was almost four years ago if you can believe that. In that time I've gained a nephew and a niece. Two brother in laws. A very nice wife. Lost two dear cats and gained two others. Not to go all Ferris Bueller on you, but life does move pretty fast.

3 comments:

DD4 said...

The x-ray is amazing - - but what I find more amazing is your positive attitude. Thanks for sharing this huge part of your life, Peder.

MamaD4 said...

I didn't get ANY X-rays of my arm to keep! That sucks because they're kind of cool to look at. You know, you're kind of like Darth Vader...rebuilt after a tragic accident on the planet of molten lava (NO, I don't know the name, Hans). Wait, it was ice, not lava. Anyway.

Peder said...

Kind of like Darth Vader. Except I didn't turn to the dark side of the Force over a health care dispute.