Thursday, November 16, 2006

Random Thursday Night thoughts

It's that time again...
  • The novel is almost 2/3 of the way through. It's still going strong and I'm finding the story interesting. I'm really enjoying it. Plan on some challenges going out next year to others who should try it too. Talked to Dad about it the other night and he said that November is bad for him. We might try a different month.
  • Speaking of the novel, the FP Gal thinks I have too many projects. And the truth is that my interest in some of them is waning. That probably means some stuff will be shelved. The Network Power Ranking thing is one of them. There just wasn't enough difference to make it remotely interesting. And if I was bored by it, I can't imagine anyone else cared.
  • The movie project isn't done but it's definitely off the tracks. It's been a combination of things, most recently a missed week due to a damaged Netflix movie. Only nine movies left so I'll get there but it won't be by New Years (probably). And the chance of doing the 70's next year is pretty remote.
  • The Great American Novel thing will start again in January. I'll put up some choices next month and see if anyone wants to join in. Carrie read 'My Antonia' with me last month. Did I ever put that review up?
  • Speaking of reading, I'm rereading one of my all time favorites, 'The Name of the Rose'. Wonderful, wonderful book. There was a book out a few years back, 'Shadow of the Wind' that reminded me a little of it. Both are mysteries about books. Very meta.
  • And that's it.

3 comments:

carrster said...

Whether you do your official movie project for the 70's or not, you still should try to watch the fabulous films of the 70's at some point during your life. They are so good.

Peder said...

I've had some ideas for other movie projects that would require fewer overall movies. Maybe I'll just do the 70's in a haphazard style and let it take as long as it should. We'll see.
Hans, I kind of like my wife to put together some stuff for YouTube. But I hate to take away from her actual work stuff. Hmmm, something to think about though.

Sarita said...

I'm voting for option #3! ;o)