Wednesday, December 06, 2006

$109,990

That's the price for two to take a round the world cruise. Details found here.
The 2007 World Cruise will be longer and more extensive than any global circumnavigation in our history. In 111 days, you'll explore 46 ports in 26 nations, and return with endless memories. and you'll do it all while enjoying the peerless six-star luxury of all-suite, all-balcony Seven Seas Voyager. This unique itinerary sails south from Fort Lauderdale to Rio de Janeiro, then east across the Southern Atlantic to Africa. With 14 overnights in key destinations, you can join optimal multi-day tours that venture deep into the cultures and countries. And many complimentary shore events are already included such as a hotel overnight in Bangkok. From the Seychelles to Shanghai, from Mombasa to Mozambique, you'll discover an intoxicating collection of major cities and intriguing new ports of call.
I'm tempted to say that if anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for the FP Gal and myself (and has an extra house to sell) that this would be perfect. But...111 days. Nearly four months. How long ago was 111 days? August 17th. That's a long time. If you left tomorrow, you'd be home on March 26th. Which isn't a bad idea now that I think of it.
Still, if I had the money I'd do it. If I could still have a job when I got back. And if someone would feed the cats (or could they come with?). And if I could afford not to get paid during that time.
Guess you can always dream...

4 comments:

Peder said...

I've got a feeling that the creature comforts are a bit different.

DD4 said...

Though I would be proud of you if you did join the Navy, I'm asking you not to consider it as I already worry enough!!

The trip does sound fascinating!

Peder said...

Hans, your recruiting experience would help with this, but I don't think I could pass the physical anymore. Even if I was back in shape. Don't worry, Mom.

Brian said...

You could try to get a job on this ship.. or just start saving. Sounds like a fun trip! How about we plan for it in 2030?