Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy Birthday

Yesterday the FP Gal and I drove down to Rochester to celebrate my Aunt's birthday. My cousins in that branch of the family are just about as far flung as my family is, so it was a treat to see all of them. The food was good (and plentiful). There was only one small fire and that was put out before the smoke detector activated.
Our family pictures are almost always posed affairs while people are eating so I'm trying to break that mold and take random pictures when people aren't prepared. The third picture here is Tim and Ricky stealing shrimp from Julie. Not pictured is my stand-in attempt for Troy (there was a chair involved).
Good times.

4 comments:

MamaD4 said...

So as long as your name is Donna De For, it's OK to start fires at nice parties? (If you don't remember the OTHER Donna De For starting multiple fires at our wedding reception...then the above comment makes no sense). Wish we could have been there, too. Are any of them coming back for Christmas?

Peder said...

I don't remember the multiple fires at your reception. Can you tell me more? I don't think Andrea or Tim will be back for Christmas, which is a shame.

MamaD4 said...

Your mother may have to straighten my memory--I was drunk on love and wine and the power of the white dress. But I seem to recall a bread basket's napkin being set afire at least once, possibly twice. I have photographic evidence.

DD4 said...

Mamad4, I think you've gotten it right. I had totally forgotten that happening. I must say, however, that it was an accident. I seem to be prone to "accidents," don't I?!