Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bad weather football

I love to watch football when the weather is awful. Give me wind or sleet. Most importantly, give me snow. This last month has been wonderful for this type of thing. I don't remember a season that's given us this much good stuff. It seems like the northeast has been hit with good storms each of the last four weekends.
The Packers-Bears game (which just ended) looked just miserable. Coming out of the half they showed a wide view where you could see that one half of the stadium (the half where the wind was blowing) had emptied out. The FP Gal asked if they'd let people change seats. I'd think they would just for humanitarian reasons.
For years I've said that the Vikings should have an open air stadium. Yes, there would be bad weather but that's part of the experience. After seeing today's game...I'm not so sure anymore.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

Personally, I like the dome and think it's a mistake to build a new outdoor stadium - even if it has a retractable roof.