Sunday, December 09, 2007

Playoffs???

Ok, so let me just start by saying that I was wrong about the Vikings before the season started. I'd predicted six wins this year and they've already surpassed that. Their next two games are at home against teams that they should beat. The last game is at Denver which is always tricky but I wouldn't be surprised by a win. At this point they look very good for the sixth spot and not bad for the fifth.
I hope this is all true and not a mirage. There are still some problems with this team that need to be fixed. Childress is still on a short leash next year as far as I'm concerned.
Looking back at the rest of that prediction, I notice that my division winners could hardly have been worse. I got two right out of eight. If any teams want to pay me not to pick them next year, I'm available.

3 comments:

Meigan said...

I'm 14/15 this week - missed Tampa Bay & that was low priority anyway. And yes, I picked your Vikes & yes, they looked pretty good out there. But my Packers looked better!

carrster said...

It was actually kind of *fun* to watch the game yesterday. Surprising but true. :)

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I would point out that the Purple's much-maligned defense (and frankly, they didn't look very good early on) currently leads the league in defensive touchdowns.

"Thank you, Eli Manning!" (/Cadbury Eggs ad off)

Let's face it, would you want to get in Pat Williams' way if he was rumbling towards you with an interception? I will certainly agree that there are problems that need addressing, but if Jackson's settled down, and that's still to be determined, that helps a LOT. I predict the Vikes will pull their "usual" playoffs schtick; first-round-and-out, but that's a LOT more than anyone expected at the beginning.