Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Baseball at the break

Here we are at the midpoint of the season. What to expect in the second half? Firstly, if the White Sox stay healthy, they're money. I'd expect them to win the division easily, probably by double digits. Who finishes second (and possibly in the Wild Card)? The Indians have a much easier second half schedule than the Twins. They've played well of late but haven't been able to close the gap on Minnesota. I expect them to remain close. My guess is that Cleveland will edge them at the end, but it'll be close.
Elsewhere, the Angels should be in the playoffs this year. They'd have to collapse for that not to happen. And who gets the other two spots? The AL East winner will either be the Yankees or the Red Sox (my guess is the Yanks).
That leaves the Wild Card between five teams. Cleveland, Boston, Minnesota, New York or... Oakland. And frankly, they're the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs. Let's hope they get a stake through the heart and falter.
Guess this is just going to be AL based. Not surprising as I'm mostly an AL fan. That's one of the beauties of baseball, the seperation of the leagues.

(Don't tell the FP Gal, but I've started to want football too. Yep, I've got an addiction.)

No comments: