Wednesday, July 20, 2005

SCOTUS

Doubtlessly, the handful of people that read this blog are wondering what my thoughts on Bush's Supreme court pick. This man has done some research and I find his variety of life experiences reassuring. I'm looking forward to the woodcarvings of the other justices.
The difficult part of determining the qualifications of judicial nominees or candidates is that the layman can hardly judge. Without swimming in the legal pool it's tough to know who's a fool and who's a genius. And we can look forward to very little help on this matter as doubtlessly he'll become embroiled in 'scandal' sometime soon.
I'd like a strict constitutionalist who doesn't find otherwise hidden rights or create policy. Policy should be left to legislatures. Someone who recognizes that there's a difference between a bad law and an unconstitutional law. That's what I'd like.
What I expect is that this summer will soon become a circus. Wheee!

No comments: