Saturday, August 20, 2005

Back from vacation

and I'm ready to blog up a storm. First thing first, keep peppermint handy if you have occasional upset stomach. Altoids work well and I'm never traveling without them again. I know, TMI, but what can you do.
Some odds and ends from the last few weeks. Our reception went off well. Got to see some old friends and that's always good. Everyone loved the FP Gal, but how can you not? When we were putting together the menu, we told them no anchovies. The centerpiece of the buffet table? Anchovie spears. FP Gal's dad ate one (and enjoyed it). The highlight of the affair was the wedding video which my talented bride put together. (Of course I have to gush but everyone there was very impressed even before they knew that she put it together.) The open house is tomorrow and we're looking forward to it.
Left for a week and my White Sox failed to win a game while I was gone. What's worse is that they dropped three of them to the local team. The smugness will return. Oh, joy. I did get back in time to watch the Vikes play their second preseason game. They commited 413 penalties in the first half (number is an estimate). The offense looks good when they avoid a flag. The defense was very good while the first team was in. Crisp tackling. Coverage that's close. The receiver may catch a ball, but you can always see the defender in the screen with him. Big improvement.
On a related note, the FP Gal may kill me between now and the end of the baseball season. Two sports at the same time is too much for her. Just wanted to put this out in public in case of a mysterious accident. (Love you, hon!)

No comments: