Saturday, August 27, 2005

Past week

Light blogging again this past week, I know. Very busy is all I can say. The open house went very well but we're glad to have it behind us. With all of the wedding stuff behind us (except for the honeymoon), it's good to not be planning any more parties or surprises.
Kind of a busy sports week for me and I was stuck because I don't want to drive the FP Gal over the edge. The White Sox came up here to Minnesota for a three game set. My work schedule makes it tough for me to attend weekday sporting events so I couldn't go to any of them. Tuesday night's game was one of the best of the season. Freddy Garcia pitched (and lost) a one-hitter with the only hit being a homerun. Johan Santana pitched a three hitter and shut out my Sox. It may seem strange to refer to a game that your team lost as a great game, but it was. The Sox looked sharp. The at-bats looked good. The defense looked crisp. And the pitching was top notch. It was a marked contrast to their play throughout much of August. After the game, I thought they looked like they'd turned the corner and the three game win streak since has showed that. Yes, the hitting still needs work, but here's the season's ERAs that they've faced: Mays, 5.16 (they scored 6 off of him), Silva, 3.26 (1 run) and Felix Hernandez, 1.75 (3 runs including his first two HR allowed). Good things ahead I hope.
Thursday night also brought my very first fantasy football draft. Always avoided them in the past and not sure I'm happy about this one. But so far it's been fun. Call me a homer, but my first pick was Culpepper so I'm not screwing up any team loyalty.
Last night we went out to eat and got some movies on the way home. We watched 'Anchorman' and loved it. Let's just say I'll never look at San Diego the same way again. Or the German language.
A good but busy week.

No comments: