Friday, April 06, 2012

White Sox 2012

The White Sox season starts today - and I'm torn. Part of me is excited. It is baseball after all. But another part of me is a bit disappointed. I'll miss Ozzie and Buehrle. The identity of the team has changed, and that might be for the best, but I'm more cautious than anything else.
Last year they were sometimes a very bad team and sometimes ok. This year I expect more of the same. But I'm emotionally preparing myself for them to be a bad team. It wouldn't surprise me if they are firmly in fourth place for most of the season.
Maybe I'll be wrong. I hope so! I hope for turnaround seasons and sudden growth from young players. Maybe Sale will be a surprise Cy Young candidate. Maybe Ventura will be a great manager.
But that's not the way I'd bet.

No comments: