Saturday, October 06, 2012

To Steal a Shuttle

A wonderful little article here where the writer thinks his way through how one of the remaining space shuttles could be stolen.  The plan is big and complicated and would take quite a bit of money.  I wouldn't be surprised if this gets kicked around the internets for a bit and a better plan comes forward.
A few years back I had an idea of a story based on stealing a jumbo jet.  I tried it out for NaNoWriMo but shelved it when it didn't work.  A nice ambitious story but it bogged down because it didn't have enough dialogue.
Anyway, Nano is again next month.  I've been trying to figure out if I should even bother with it.  Between job, kids and the big reading project, I doubt I'll have time for sustained writing.  (My writing has been very on and off this year.)  I've been kicking a few ideas around.  One is pretty good but I'm afraid that I'll ruin it if I don't have enough time to really work on it.
But the jumbo jet idea has surfaced again and again.  With a few different ideas, a few different angles.  Maybe this time I could get past the dialogue thing.
And then the space shuttle article comes along . . . I just don't know . . . 

No comments: