Monday, January 17, 2005

Vikings - recap

The newscasts are talking about the disappointing Vikings, but I don't see it that way. After the Vikings handled the Packers last week my season was complete. Sure I would have loved a win over the Eagles. Maybe revenge over the Falcons, too. But the writing was on the wall about this squad. They weren't great. They were good at times and bad at times and you never knew which team would show up.
All last week, I heard from Packer fans that they didn't really expect their team to win it all anyway, so they weren't that disappointed. I wondered if it was sour grapes, but today I feel the same way. If the ball had bounced the other way the Vikes could maybe have taken this game, but they weren't the better team.
The Eagles looked good and I expect they'll beat the Falcons next week. And then lose to the Patriots in the Super Bowl. At least we didn't have to deal with TO during this game.

No comments: