Friday, March 24, 2006

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1981

Was surprised to see this on the list. Not that many action movies are nominated for Best Picture. Not that it's undeserved. This is probably the most perfect action movie ever. From the first shot of Harrison Ford (from behind and turning to profile), to the soundtrack (some of John Williams best work), to finding the perfect villains (Nazis), this movie clicks perfectly.
This is another one of those movies that if you haven't seen it, you should have your citizenship revoked so I'll assume you've seen it. The action sequences still hold up. The humor still works. It's a great movie.
(The FP Gal insists that I admit to falling asleep while watching it this time. In my defense, Calypso was sitting on my chest telling me to sleep. She does that.)

No comments: