Monday, April 30, 2007

Random Monday night thoughts

  • Got our first thunderstorm of the season tonight. One of those weird ones where patches of torrential rain mix with light sprinkling. Ran into one on 62 that made me think of driving in a car wash. Might have been hail too. Exciting!
  • I run into the strangest stuff on Cnn while I'm hold at work. Today there's an article about testing bells in an effort to increase their lifespan. Quoted in the story is a Peter Grassmayr, a 14th generation bell founder. 14 generations! That would go back to the 1650's or so. Amazing. What were the branches of my family doing at that time? No clue.


Sometimes I think that this picture sums up my realtionship with the FP Gal. She's just so darn productive and I'm too busy wearing my handkerchief and playing the fiddle. (Wait, that doesn't sound right.) Anyway, I appreciate all of the stuff she does for me. And I'm not just saying that because I mowed the lawn this weekend.

  • My favorite version of this fable is Fry's from Futurerama. "All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also, he got a racecar." Keep living the dream.

No comments: