Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day off and "Pondering the Eternal"

Again, it seems it's harder to post something on a day off than on a busy day. No idea why that is. There is a Chinese proverb that "if you want something done you should give it to a busy person". That probably applies here. (Always makes me think of Jodi.)
I have a favorite restaurant. It involves billions of burgers and a pair of arches. I also have a second favorite restaurant, Panera. They make yummy soup and sandwiches and (even better) sell them together in a simple combo. I enjoy going there, especially with my lovely wife but we have a problem. She always seems to go there with other people. Today I took the reins in my own hands and convinced her that we should go there together. We met with her Mom (who I'm talking into doing NaNoWriMo). All very nice.
Since we were in the area we also got our licenses renewed. I've been kind of looking forward to this because I'd like a new picture. The most recent one was taken the day before surgery to fix my nose. Now that I look a little less like a prizefighter, I was ready for a new shot. The FP Gal and I compared pictures. She looks like she's staring past the camera and is just shy of achieving nirvana.
The lady at the desk was very nice (I know, she was probably new and the DMV will correct that as soon as they can). She took our pictures and was very concerned about glare and whatnot. I do wish that they'd coach people to smile though. The FP Gal did her best to keep from laughing, despite my efforts. Oh well, guess I'll try again in a few years.

1 comment:

Brian said...

scan it... let's all see it.
I have 2 chins in mine. I actually have to contort my face to get a double chin... go figure.