Monday, February 23, 2009

French

So I finally decided that I'd go with French. I'm just working with so many French speakers that it makes more sense to brush up on my skills so that I can keep up with them. Not that I have any real hope of being able to take complicated phone reservations or anything, my language ear is just not that good. Still, it will help with hotels in Quebec and that type of thing.
The site that I'm working with is here, and it's free. As a bonus, the FP Gal kind of seems excited to do this too. She took the appraisal test and did much better than I did. Apparently Mme Asper taught us some 'regionalisms' or something. (Meigan, you could use this to keep up with your daughter if you'd like.)
Wish me bon chance!

5 comments:

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Bon chance! Look for me to completely mock the snail-eaters later tonight!

Incidentally, as I recall, the Canuckian French speak a *very* archaic form of French, which made the French foreign exchange students roll their eyes (more so than usual, I mean) at the U. Very amusing to see.

Pat said...

Is that ever a neat site. I spent almost 1 hour on it. Thank you for sharing. Good luck with your French.

Anonymous said...

You know that Québécois is not the same as the French you're learning right?

Peder said...

Sure, but it's similar. Close enough for what I'm doing.

Meigan said...

I love it! You know, I don't think it's going to be that tough for you guys. When I go over Gillian's french homework with her, I'm amazed at how much I can read. Speaking it is another thing, but still.