Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interesting rugs, doormats, etc.

Cool gallery here. For the record, I think Ozzie would love the 'Field of Flowers' rug but it would become a pain to deal with. The FP Gal would like the 'Black River Stone Doormat'. Sadly, I'd have to look at this store. My favorite rug description:
Following the age-old tradition of using rugs as a means for communication and a cultural record, this rug is portraying global warming in a scene that invites us to reflect on our impact on today’s world. [link]
When was the last time you saw a rug that meant as commuication or a cultural record? I've seen that with tapestries and (in our culture) quilts but never with rugs. And holy cats, what a pretentious bit of cloth! It says, "Come on over and now that you're here, just remember that your car is killing Mother Earth". I bet the owners are a real riot at parties. (The same company makes this rug, and it would be the second favorite of the cats. I have no doubt they would demilitarize it in a week.)
Frankly, I think I would go with this look.

1 comment:

carrster said...

Very cool rugs! I like the leaves one myself. Cool!!

The polar bear rug is super depressing!! Sheesh.