Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Tee-tee"

That's the baby word for 'baby'. And no I don't understand it, but I've heard it from more than just my child. Today for instance. My dad was up from Austin to spend some time with Relia and I. We took her out to the MOA so that she could run around and see some of the outside world.
Longtime readers might remember that a trip to the Mall was a mainstay of Thursdays with dad last year. I'd strap her into her stroller and do the three main levels. Most times she'd conk out by the third one. Not anymore. Now when we go she wants to run and run. And then stop outside of various stores and look at things through the window. (Fortunately, she rarely wants to go inside and pull things off of shelves. I'm not sure that she understands that she can yet. Please let that day not come soon!)
When the FP Gal and I go there on Sunday mornings it's not a problem because there aren't many people in the place and we outnumber her. Someone pushes the stroller while the other one keeps her out of trouble. It works well (even though it can be quite a workout).
Last Thursday I tried taking her there on my own. We didn't bring the stroller in, I just carried the diaper bag and followed close behind her. She wandered and wandered and the only real problem I had was keeping her away from the escalators, which I don't think she's old enough to try yet. It took almost an hour and a half to do one level but she enjoyed it and it tired both of us out.
Fast forward one week to today. Dad and I took her out there and let her run. She was her usual charming self. Even went into the kittie and doggie store, her new favorite for obvious reasons. She ran and ran and ran.
We got to the second floor and ran into a family all wearing Wisconsin red. There was a little girl a touch taller than Relia. They looked at each other, pointed and in unison said, "Tee-tee!". All of us adults laughed and then we parted ways.

4 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Josiah and Annika call their aunts "Titi" and also their security blankets...

Kate said...

Hrm. I don't understand the tee tee, but it's sure a great workout for the both of you.

Pat said...

I feel the need to tell you that your posts about Relia are my favorites.

Pat said...

Of course, I enjoy your other posts as well but no matter how hard you try they can't compete with Relia posts.