Monday, November 23, 2009

Flin Flon

Anyone have any idea what Flin Flon is? Is it...
  • the most popular candy in Spain?
  • the next hot wedding dress style?
  • a hero to children everywhere who teaches teamwork and politeness?
  • an obscure Chinese martial art whose time has finally come?
Actually no, it's none of those things. Flin Flon is a small Canadian town on the border between Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I mention this only because I ticketed some travel to there today. When I first saw the reservation, airport code YFO, I wondered if it was some weird joke destination. (True story, a few years back I ran across an airline created Test City code, FSG. For just a moment it felt like I could see the Matrix.)
And who, you may ask, flies to Flin Flon? Who else, Calm Air. Isn't that a peaceful airline name? (Much better than Fiery Plummet Air.) Speaking of airlines, there really is only one good choice for first time fliers. And speaking of small Canadian airlines with fun names, I've been told at work that I can't call Bearskin Airlines and ask if they have clothing optional flights.

(I'm not sure what the point of this post was. I had one when it started but . . . I seem to have lost it somehow. Anyway, you learned a new town name, isn't that exciting?)

No comments: