Saturday, November 28, 2009

NaNoWriMo, well, no...

Nope, it didn't happen this year. I got to about 13,000 words before giving up. Just had too much trouble finding a rhythm and routine. Or a story that I liked. And a healthy enough patch early in the month. Let's just say that there were too many obstacles.
I feel kind of bad about this. I'm now 3 for 4, which isn't too bad. But once you break the string on something like this it's much harder to jump back on the horse and actually finish. I'm sure that next year, with an additional child will be easier somehow. Ha!
There are a few other ideas kicking around in my head. Maybe something else to kind of make up for this...

1 comment:

Kate said...

I quit at about 15000, but I'm calling that a win, because that's 15,000 words I would not have written had I not even tried! So great to see you guys!