Sunday, November 08, 2009

Random Sunday Night Thoughts

To pass the time by while the FP Gal valiantly tries to put our little angel to bed:
  • I spend a fair amount of time criticizing bad commercials. Not that surprising given how bad some of it is. Bud Light (for instance) should fire their entire ad division. Possibly they should fire them out of an airlock while in low earth orbit. The FP Gal reminds me every Sunday that I'm not their target market.
  • Well, I'm not a Dos Equis guy either, but the set of ads with 'the most interesting man in the world' is nothing short of brilliant. The whole set with video can be found here. And yes, it tempts me to try some Mexican beer.
  • Switching gears to rum, it seems that the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie is going to be based on the Tim Powers book, 'On Stranger Tides'. It's a fun book and I'm very pleased.
  • Of course, I'm still waiting for the movie versions of 'War for the Oaks' and the long rumored mini series of 'The Diamond Age'. C'mon movie people! Steal some of my favorite stories and put them on the screen!
  • This seems to be a media heavy random post. Guess I'll roll with it. Did everyone hear that Steve Martin is co-hosting the Oscars next year? Yay! They're also changing the format for Best Picture to include ten nominees. Should be interesting.
  • That's it!

No comments: