Sunday, November 29, 2009

Napless

We've had some trouble over the past couple of days getting Relia a nap at the right time. Some of this has been sickness and some of it family scheduling. In any case, she's been off the right time. That has meant tough bedtimes.
We went grocery shopping late this morning and Relia fell asleep during the ten minute car ride. The FP Gal told me that she fell asleep while she was running errands a little bit after that. So we expected that she'd go down easily for a nap this afternoon.
Not even a little bit. Screams of bloody murder and pounding on the door. So we decided to let her just stay up and fight with me about watching football. We got the TV viewing figured out but it became clear that she was fighting tiredness.
After dinner she bounced back and forth between us in her usual fashion. She wanted graham crackers and medicine (child vitamin). Then she climbed up on me and settled down. She rested her head and a minute later she didn't respond to any of my questions. The poor thing was out.
I don't remember the last time she fell asleep on me on the couch. I don't think she has since she started walking. It was very sweet.

(Don't know if it was worth the fighting this afternoon...)

1 comment:

Test said...

We're there with you. I fear napping is going to be a thing of the past very shortly for this house.

Good luck!