Friday, December 24, 2010

Lump of Coal . . . ?

Relia's whole month has been building towards tonight. She knows that Santa will only come when she's sleeping, that was established early. She's heard the bit about 'naughty and nice' but we haven't pushed that too hard. She's pretty good already and the pressure didn't seem right.
Anyway . . . it was my turn to put her to bed tonight. We read 'The Night Before Christmas' and some random Raggedy Ann story. Then she ran to her bed and told me that she needed to fall asleep so Santa could come! We quickly ran through the rest of the routine (which recently has me telling her stories about Roxane and Calypso) and I left her there in the dark.
Then I came downstairs and smugly told the FP Gal that I'd never seen her that excited to fall asleep. Not two minutes later we heard her knocking on her bedroom door. She does this when she wants to get up to go potty but we'd already taken care of that. I went up and she said "there's a problem with my window". Yep, there sure was. She'd somehow pulled down her blackout curtain. She then told me that she was trying to see the neighbor's house. Uh-huh.
Let's hope that this isn't a long night.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I once stayed up all night to catch the Easter Bunny. I'm pretty sure he came when I had "just dozed off fora second!"

Pat said...

Oh!! The anticiation of a child when it comes to Christmas!!! I love it!! Tomorrow morning is going to be so much fun for you guys. I will want to hear about it via your blog----please. Wish I could be there to see it. Signing off with envy.