- The buses have stopped for the night. The light rail is running nearly an hour behind it's schedule.
- The Vikings play the Giants tomorrow but so far the New Yorkers haven't been able to get into town. They were diverted to Kansas City and the plan is to fly up tomorrow morning. Needless to say, the game time may be delayed.
- According to the Strib, I-94 in Wisconsin has been deemed 'impassable'. Which is pretty crazy.
- I-90 west of Albert Lea has been closed down. I don't remember that ever happening while I was growing up but I could be mistaken.
- The FP Gal's parents couldn't open either of their doors because the snow was too high. They actually had to go through their screen to move enough snow to get some motion. I could only open our front door about five inches, and it was shoveled clear this morning. (Our back door opened easily enough.)
- One of our cars is out front. The snow is up over the tires. If I'm reading the reports correctly we've gotten more than seventeen inches so far.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
More Snow Stuff
I heard earlier today that this was the biggest snow storm here in almost twenty years. Which, when you're talking about Minnesota, is really something. Highlights from the news: