Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twitter

I've been on Twitter for a while now. You can 'follow' me at @pdefor if you're inclined to do such a thing. I'm enjoying it for many reasons but among them because it is funny! Here are some samples from my Twitter feed this afternoon as people responded to the earthquake (various authors):

Whole block in DC standing outside, asking each other what the hell just happened

My mother in law in West Virginia needs sedated when it rains heavy, so I think I'll avoid calling her in light of this quake.

Oh, now the East Coast is doing earthquakes too? New York Times trend piece in 3...2...1...

Not to panic anyone in NYC, but a screaming John Cusack just drove by in a limo that was missing a door.

BREAKING: Excitement over reports of a Pataki presidential run trigger earthquake on east coast.

I ALSO FELT THE EARTHQUAKE!!!!! I'M PART OF THIS MOMENT!!!

To comfort a jittery nation, the White House should release another photo of Obama looking concerned and holding a phone.

If they're evacuating the Pentagon, should I evacuate my hundred-year-old house?

Obama convention idea: promise to keep the earth from moving in 2nd term.

There was a 5.8 earthquake in Washington. Obama wanted it to be 3.4, but the Republicans wanted 5.8, so he compromised.

In retrospect, I resorted to cannibalism rather fast after the earthquake.

On the plus side, rebuilding D.C. after earthquake devastation could stimulate the economy.

OBAMA: Clearly, the earth acted stupidly.

Obama extends hand of partnership to earthquake, calls for Palestinian state.

Krugman says it wasn't big enough.

Philly fans think it was the greatest earthquake ever. Feel disrespected by Californians who won't acknowledge it.

This is why you have to keep the Keymaster and the GateKeeper apart.

Everyone in quake area: go to an open area and "Stop, Drop, and Roll." Not for safety, it's just funny to watch.

You're not allowed to take the grail past the seal, you guys. I'm not sure how we could've been any clearer about this.

Was all set to loot in Dupont circle, then realized all we have are taco and cupcake stores.

I hope we're all asking ourselves what we can do to help the victims of this tragedy rebuild. bit.ly/pNevem

If the capitol's a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'

if i were in NY today i would have wanted to be at the Target on Atlantic cause there's no inventory to fall off the shelves. SAFE AS CAN BE

Graphic photo showing earthquake aftermath: pic.twitter.com/JDn4TGB

The latest headwind to the economy is the millions of man-hours now diverted to straightening tilted wall frames.

Well, it made me smile at least!

1 comment:

Meigan said...

Hilarious!