Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Anniversary

On a bright sunny February day, one year ago I met a bright young girl for our first date. We met at the Como Park Conservatory. We spent a pleasant time amongst the plants. I remember thinking that it was like spending time in summer. This isn't to be overrated during the long winter months.
After the Conservatory, we headed over to the zoo. As we wandered through the animals we found out that we had very similar birthdays, only one day apart. We also discovered that we enjoyed each other's company and that she found my sense of humor acceptable. (I remember telling her that Spider Monkeys were named after the spider plant, but she doesn't remember this.)
Well, it's been one whole year and she hasn't tossed me back yet. In fact we're getting along better and better each day. FP Gal, I love you and hope that the journey continues to be as good as it's already been!

Update: The FP Gal still doesn't remember the spider monkey line. Guess I can use it again sometime in the future.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Congrts! I am very happy for you both!

carrster said...

Yay! Aren't one-year anniversaries awesome? :-)