Monday, February 07, 2005

Super Bowl recap

Did I say three touchdowns? I meant three points. Just like their other two super bowls, and I guess I should have known better.
Thoughts:

The best commercial was the Ameriquest one with the cat. The commercial with the returning soldiers was very nice. The sexiest one was the Tabascao one with 'tanlines'. As a whole, the commercials were pretty lame. I don't need terribly edgy stuff, but the networks have gone too far and learned the wrong lessons from last year's 'wardrobe malfunction'. The key to understanding that is that parents want the ability to control the level of nudity (and even sexiness) that their kids run across. If they can expect a certain amount of lewdness, they can make a judgement as to how much supervision and censorship they must exercise. If that level jumps unexpectedly, they get pissed. Girls in bikins in a beer commercial are fine. Girls being suddenly disrobed are not. I'm hardly a bluenose, and I can understand the distinction.

No comments: