Monday, June 19, 2006

Strange architecture


Lest anyone think that I only appreciate conventional buildings, I want to share a building that I just heard about a few weeks ago. It's the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. The architecht had a very unique style. It's quite arresting. I liked this bit:

Gaudí worked on the project for over 40 years, devoting the last 15 years of his life entirely to this endeavour; on the subject of the extremely long construction, Gaudí is said to have joked, "My client is not in a hurry."

3 comments:

Sarita said...

We used that as a meeting place when we were in Barcelona. There is a nice plaza in front. I couldn't remember why we never went inside. Now I know , it was because it's still under construction. Darn union workers! ;o)

MamaD4 said...

OK, I've been looking at this picture for a couple of days now. I keep seeing Ents. The tree-people, Ents, right? But certainly better than the new stuff in Minneapolis!

Peder said...

I think the Ents would be honored to have that as a cathedral.