Sunday, August 13, 2006

Random Sunday Stuff

  • The vacation is over. You guys got the highlights. I didn't share the day that we took back the lawn. Or the two weddings that the FP Gal worked with. She covered more of the work stuff here. She looks cute in grout.
  • I'm ready for football to be back (first Viking game is tomorrow!). One interesting change this year is that NBC is back in the game. And I'm pleased as could be with the broadcast team. Putting Al Michaels back together with Bob Costas again is very good. They've already made one Baseketball reference.
  • A few weeks ago I ran across something called the 'Advanced Civilization: The Expansion Project'. Civilization is my second favorite board game and I was pleased as punch to see some improvements. The map is expanded. There are more calamaties (and good ones!). And more Civ advances. I've been tinkering with it and it looks pretty solid. In theory you can play it with 18 players. I'm sure that will never happen though.
  • My wonderful sister recently sent me video from her skydiving trip. It looked like lots of fun. The FP Gal told me that she won't become a skydiving camerawoman. Which is a shame.
  • We watched two movies this weekend. 'Shopgirl', based on a Steve Martin novella, was ok. Very much a tone movie. Claire Danes looks old. When did that happen. The other movie was 'The Producers'. This is the movie version of the Broadway version of one of the funniest movies ever made. (I'm hoping that this movie inspires a book version and that ends up being put on tape.) Some advice? Skip this one and rent the original. There was only one memorable song (If You've Got It, Flaunt It) and you'll be better off watching Gene Wilder play Leo Bloom than watching Matthew Broderick play Gene Wilder.

No comments: