Sunday, August 20, 2006

One Lonely Rose

Last night we went over to the FP Gal's brother's apartment to celebrate his fiance's birthday. (Is the wife of my brother-in-law my sister-in-law? How far do those ripples spread?) We played Apples to Apples and then some Trivial Pursuit. We got home about 1a. Had to park about three houses down because of where cars were already parked and my refusal to parallel park.
Round noon I left the house to hit Wendy's. I found a single rose under my windshield wiper. No note. And none on other cars. Curiouser and curiouser.
While getting lunch, I thought over my options. I could give the rose to the FP Gal and tell her that I went out of my way to get it. That gets me good credit. Or I could tell her the truth and sell it as a good story. Hmmmm.
Well, since I'm sharing it here I obviously went with the second option. She did ask if it was from my girlfriend. Not a chance. Any girlfriend of mine would know not to leave me flowers. Much better off with peanut-butter cups. We can't help but wonder what the story is. A case of mistaken auto-identity? A random act of kindness? A warning of a hortoculturist hit?
The world may never know.

1 comment:

carrster said...

Oh the intrigue! The rose from an admirer or simply mistaken identity - I feel a short story (or film, for that matter) brewing. :-)

Yes, your brother-in-law's wife is your sister-in-law. In my book anyway...

Steve called my Grandma R "Grandma" yesterday - it was so cute I almost fell over. (usually I would think that was weird but since he doesn't have any grandparents any more I found this to be very sweet)