Monday, June 11, 2007

Fracture - 2007

So I had a few hours to kill yesterday during the baby shower, so I went off to a cheap theater in hopes that something there would be worth two dollars. 'Perfect Stranger'? No. 'Are we Done Yet'? No. Ah, here's one I actually wanted to pay full price for, 'Fracture'.
The movie stars Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Hopkins has killed his wife for having an affair. There's no question that he did it, he admitted as much. The case goes to a hotshot lawyer (Gosling) who has been so good as a city prosecutor that he's being hired by an important firm.
Sounds like there's no drama, right? There really isn't. Until the case starts unraveling. And Hopkins starts twisting the knife. And twisting some more. Actually, Hopkins is his usual brilliant self and even would have been worth full price. The rest of the cast is good, if not remarkable.
Did I enjoy this movie? I really did. After being a bit disappointed with Spiderman 3 and seriously disappointed with Pirates 3, this one hit the spot. The story line was clear and well written. It didn't seem overly long or contrived. It was a very nice movie in the genre 'thriller'.
One thing did distract me. Early on I made this connection and had trouble getting it out of my head!

No comments: