Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Never Say Never Again

It's Sean Connery's 80th birthday and apparently he's all done acting. According to the article the most enjoyable film to make was 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. He'll be most remembered for the James Bond movies of course. Those were released before my time (my first Bond was Roger Moore) but he certainly was iconic in them.
Favorite Sean Connery movie? I'm tempted to go with 'Highlander' or 'Hunt for Red October'. Looking over the last couple of decades makes it look like he wasn't really all that choosy about scripts though.
I can't think of a single person in movies today that could step in and fill his shoes.

6 comments:

DD4 said...

I love "The Hunt for Red October!"

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Sean Connery made some great movies, but he also made some stinkers. Case in point, Zardoz.

Peder said...

Chris, I think you've just found your next Halloween costume...

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I was wondering who was going to throw out the "Z" word.

Thanks, Chris; now, for the eye bleach.

carrster said...

Sean Connery has the BEST birthday ever. I wonder who else was born on such a cool day...