Thursday, August 26, 2010

Siblings

Everyone asks Relia how she likes her new brother. It's pretty obvious that she's crazy about him. And I think that the feeling is mutual. The two spend time each day smiling at each other. He especially likes to watch her dance and she isn't one to turn down an audience.
Tonight I was holding Felix when it was bedtime. She came over and gave us hugs and kisses. She told him, "I love you. We're going to be friends forever!". I bet they will.

I've been reminded lately how lucky I am with my family. Not lucky because they're all great people (though I think that's true). I'm lucky because we get along as well as we do. We don't have any pairings that can't stand to be together. Or anything backstabby and poisonous. And (surprisingly) this makes us fortunate.

2 comments:

Kate said...

She is again, the sweetest thing in the universe for saying that outloud.

Test said...

I'm with you Peder. I hear horror stories from friends about dealing with family members, immediate and extended.

I thank the lord I have fantastic inlaws and that my immediate family gets along well.